VectorLinux : lightweight, fast Linux distribution
VectorLinux, a lightweight, fast Linux distribution for the x86 platform, just released its new version 5.8 this week. This user-friendly distribution makes the average computer user's life easy by supplying office software, Web browsing, photo editing, and archiving on top of a fast, clean Xfce window manager.
Vector is based on Slackware Linux, but adds features that Slackware lacks, such as slapt-get for package management and a Linux 2.6 kernel, a few proprietary programs and plugins (such as Flash) and some eye candy.
DeLi Linux : A light Linux distribution
In fact, DeLi Linux runs on anything better than a 386 with at least 4MB of memory, though if you have only 4MB, don't expect stellar performance. Things get decent at 8MB, 16MB is smooth, and 32MB or more is perfect. I tested DeLi Linux on several machines, ranging from a 66MHz 486 DX2 with 8MB of RAM up to a a Dell Pentium III system with 256MB of RAM. The 486 system struggled to open anything, taking several minutes if things got too complex, such as when I was running a window manager, the X server, and AbiWord. However, DeLi Linux surprised me by turning the old 486 into an usable system, provided I had patience to spare. What's more, the Pentium III was extremely responsive, being even faster than my main AMD64 system running Fedora Core 6.
T2 System do automatycznego tworzenia dopasowanych dystrybucji
No nie wiedziałem jak to inaczej nazwać.
- http://www.linux-xp.com/ - operating system for Russian speakers designed for home and business use.
- Virtualization begins to materialize in the Linux kernel -> OpenVZ
- How to run Linux inside Linux with User Mode Linux
Software na codzień
- Vim - The Editor
- Adobe Flash - penguin.swf
- linux.com: Become a digital video editing guru using Linux tools
- linux.com: Ekiga videophone gets you connected —> a list of supported devices (registration required)
tutoriale / instalacja
Związane z ideologią.
- slahdot: DRM — It's Not Really About Piracy -> Privately, Hollywood admits DRM isn't about piracy
- slashdot.org : Torvalds Describes DRM and GPLv3 as 'Hot Air'
- wired.com: Public Libraries, Private DRM
- techdirt.com: IFPI Wants ISPs To Cut Off File-Sharers
- techdirt.com: Make Mix Tapes And The RIAA May Send A SWAT Team To Bust Down Your Door?
Novell-M$ and "cross-patent protection "
- linux.com: Novell-Microsoft agreement delays GPLv3
- linux.com: The GPLv3 process: Public consultation and private drafting
- linux.com: Microsoft says Samsung can offer Linux
Internet (niekoniecznie linux)
Nie przydzielone do kategorii
- http://linux.msstudio.com.pl/LabLinux/index.html Laboratorium systemu operacyjnego Linux
- linux.com: Open source is key to reaching 500 million Indian children
- linux.com: sshguard: Protection for OpenSSH
- slashdot.org: Open Source Economics and Why IBM Is Winning —> The Economic Motivation of Open Source Software: Stakeholder Perspectives
- linux.com: InstallJammer, a self-executing installer for Linux
- linux.com: Packaging report wrap-up
Command Line (CLI)
- linux.com: Ballmer impugns the character of the free/open source world
- techdirt.com: New Study Shows Patents And Innovation Are Not Related